Tuesday, August 14, 2007

We leave tomorrow!

We leave at 6am tomorrow and I am getting very nervous! I think once we get moving I will settle down. I was up until 2am and awake at 7am today, it will all catch up to me soon.
Last evening I got online to check Marsha's blog. She just recently visited the SWI (social welfare institute) in Lianyungang (we probably won't visit on our trip). I sent her (through a yahoo group of families with kids from Lianyungang) Ethan's name and photo in case she was able to see him. Well, she had the nannies bring the 3 babies who are waiting for their families into the room with the older children so that she could photograph them. I believe Ethan is the child in the orange tank and shorts. I will try to post a photo here but you can read her blog and view a short video at: http://www.babyjellybeans.com/web/do/site/home?ID=46930, click on Bringing Home Qi, then view SWI visit, Short Video & A Few More Photos. I have to warn you that the pictures could be upsetting since most of the children you see will never be adopted (she was told this by a nanny). Older children with special needs are the most difficult to find homes for, especially within China since adoption is a new concept. When we saw Liam's orphanage in 2001 it was much the same.





The video was an amazing thing to watch. To see Ethan in real life, moving and playing was just wonderful! He has only been a picture until now. He looks a little sad & underdeveloped, but considering he has been institutionalized since birth he is doing well, crawling and playing with toys. With lots of love we are hoping to bring many smiles to his face. So now everyone knows why I was up until 2am!

Ok, need to finish packing, I hope to be posting next from China!