Sunday, August 5, 2007

Vietnam Culture Camp


This year the kids are having a great time at culture camp. Two years ago Liam had a tough weekend, was introverted and unsociable. This year he loves the activities, crafts, games and last night at the Talent Show he got up on stage and said 3 jokes in front of 100+ people. I was amazed he did it and enjoyed himself! I have attended some great talks while the kids are at their sessions and hopefully what I have learned will help us on this journey as parents. It feels good to be around other families that look like ours, I wish it would last longer. I just listened to Jane Aranson, a pediatrician in international adoption, speak about growth & development, it was one of those 'ah-ha' moments where she was talking about Liam and Nyla. Really glad we came, leave at lunchtime today for our 10 hour drive home. We leave for China in 10 days!!