Friday, August 17, 2007

Great Wall of China

Today is Nyla's 4th adoption day, what better way to celebrate than a trip to the Great Wall of China! Its hard to believe that 4 years have passed since she was first put into our arms. It is not easy traveling around the world with 2 small kids, but I am glad they are here together on this special day.

So the day started around 2am with the kids waking up. I put the DVD player on and decided to use the Lunesta sample to get a few more hours of sleep (thanks FMW for helping with that). The kids did better than I expected at the Great Wall. They climbed to the first tower, there were people everywhere, it was hot and crowded. Patrick decided to climb to the 4th tower and that is the picture below of the scenery. I was here in 1998 and it was just as beautiful as I remember. The kids thought it was pretty cool too!


After visiting the Great Wall we went to lunch and had an 8 course Chinese meal. Everything was great. There are stores attached to all the restaurants - and below is a picture of Liam in front of some awesome dragon sculptures (thats for you Ryan). Of course we couldn't afford to bring any jade home, so I took lots of pictures! Immediately after lunch the kids crashed and they slept on the bus while Patrick joined the group in visiting the Ming tombs (I saw them in 98). We are back at the hotel now, Patrick has crashed and soon I will too!