Thursday, December 13, 2007

Post surgery pictures

Well today was supposed to be our 2 week follow-up visit at Children's. Unfortunately, another storm is blasting our area with sleet, snow and ice. SNOW DAY! I called the clinic, gave them an update on how Ethan is doing and they gave me the ok to come next week instead. I emailed their clinical coordinator a couple of photos of his palate. I had them posted here but my sister pointed out that Ethan maybe wouldn't appreciate me showing everyone his mouth one day. So if anyone who has a child needing this surgery and would like to see before and after pictures I would be happy to share them.

Ethan is sleeping much better now (thanks to nonna's blankie) and the splints will remain on for another week. I can take them off for short periods during the day. They are allowing us to feed him soft foods as well. We are hopeful that Ethan's incisions will fully heal in the next couple of weeks, thanks for all your prayers!

I will use this blog to give updates to friends and family if Ethan is going to need further surgery in 3-6 months. Thanks for following his progress and we are very grateful for your support. Happy holidays and best wishes for the New Year!