Friday, October 12, 2007

Hives, cough, nosebleeds, etc

We have had a busy week at home with the kids and different illnesses. Nyla broke out in hives last Friday at 5pm, at the same time Liam was calling me from the bathroom where he was having diarrhea and thought he might throw up. I was trying to get him a bucket and get Nyla benedryl while Ethan was crying at my feet to eat supper.

This is a snapshot of my life with 3 kids, & for some reason everything falls apart between the hours of 4-6pm. I am sure many of you know how this feels! By the time Patrick comes home from work he is wondering what all the fuss was about since everyone looks fine!

Ethan is doing very well. 2 weeks ago he started pulling himself up to sit and stand. I will post a picture of him standing in his crib. About 1 week ago he said his first word in sign language - "eat"! It is amazing how quickly he is learning these skills. Nyla tells him she loves him & gives hugs about 20 times a day except when he bites her (a problem we are working on) and then she says "bad Efan". Liam came home from China not very happy about this new boy in the house, but I think he now likes having a roomie & brother even though he doesn't like to admit it.